Roselawn, TX

By: Claudia Hazlewood

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: June 1, 1995


Roselawn was at the site where the Missouri, Kansas and Texas line crossed Joe's Creek, six miles west of University Park in northwestern Dallas County. It was named for the nurseries in the area. The region was settled by members of the Peters colony in the early 1850s, but no established community was reported there until 1930, when three stores had been established and the population was sixty. Mail was received from Farmers Branch. Roselawn was listed in the Texas Almanac for the last time in 1947.

Places:

  • Communities
  • North Texas
  • Dallas/Fort Worth Region

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Claudia Hazlewood, “Roselawn, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed December 04, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/roselawn-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
June 1, 1995

This entry belongs to the following Handbook Special Projects:

Loading