Roseville, TX


By: Nellie Murphree

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: March 1, 1995


Roseville was near U.S. Highway 87 five miles east of Cuero in southeastern DeWitt County,. The community center was a school organized in 1874 and named for the wild roses that bloomed there. The Live Oak Grove Baptist Church was established in 1880 and held services until 1913. The school operated until 1950.

Nellie Murphree, A History of DeWitt County (Victoria, Texas, 1962).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Nellie Murphree, “Roseville, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/roseville-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
March 1, 1995

Place
Roseville
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • DeWitt County