Ryals, also known as Weisinger, was a rural postal community somewhere in the area now occupied by the April Sound, Walden, and Diamondhead subdivisions eight miles west-northwest of Conroe in north central Montgomery County. The Weisingers and Ryalses were prominent early families in the area. In 1900 the community had a population of ten and two general stores, run by Ben Murphy and W. N. Wood. The post office, named Ryals, operated from 1901 until 1913. It was located in the home of Thomas Benton Fultz, who served as the first postmaster. J. M. Weisinger had a store in 1915, but no population statistics are available for the later years. The exact location of Ryals is unknown, since Lake Conroe and new developments have covered the area.