Rymers, also known as Rymer's Switch, was a tiny railroad community on the Cane Belt Railroad, a mile north of Wadsworth and eight miles south of Bay City in central Matagorda County. At one time Rymers had the B. A. Rymer warehouse. A local history reports that after the railroad built through around 1901, Christian Zipprian had a general store at Rymer's Switch, though he moved the store to Wadsworth after its founding around 1907. By 1936 Rymers had a rail stop and three dwellings, and by 1952 only about two inhabited dwellings remained at the site. A 1972 map shows three large tanks, possibly for oil, at Rymers. The community is not shown on the 1989 county highway map.