Sabanno, TX

By: William R. Hunt

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: April 1, 1995


Sabanno (Sabana, Sabanna) is on Farm Road 569 near the Callahan county line and the Sabana River in southwest Eastland County. It had a post office between 1901 and 1917. During some of this time it had three churches and a three-teacher school. After 1917 the community declined. The only business in 1947 was a store. By 1973 only a Baptist church and a clubhouse remained. In 1980 through 2000 the population was estimated at twelve.

The History of Eastland County, 1873–1973.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

William R. Hunt, “Sabanno, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed December 04, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/sabanno-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
April 1, 1995

Loading