The Sabine Advocate, edited by a man named Shelton, was first published weekly at Pulaski, Harrison County, in May 1842 by S. P. January and Company and may have been discontinued in August of that year. In January 1843 the San Augustine Red-Lander noted that the Advocate was being resurrected by L. A. W. Laird as the Marshall Review, with Shelton as senior editor.
Support Texas History Now
Join TSHA to support quality Texas history programs and receive exclusive benefits.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.
Anonymous, “Sabine Advocate,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed October 19, 2020, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/sabine-advocate.
Published by the Texas State Historical Association.