San Angelo Junction, TX


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: June 1, 1995


San Angelo Junction was a small rural community at the junction of two branches of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe line, by State Highway 94 some five miles southeast of Coleman in central Coleman County. In 1899, when all that was present at the site was a railroad switch on what was then the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe, San Angelo Junction was the scene of an attempted robbery in which the express guard killed one robber and wounded another. The Junction school was built in the early 1900s and in 1938 had two teachers and forty-six pupils. In 1940 the community comprised scattered dwellings, a business, and the Junction school. The school was consolidated with that of Coleman in the 1940s, and by 1963 the site was deserted.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “San Angelo Junction, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 16, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/san-angelo-junction-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
June 1, 1995

Place
San Angelo Junction
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1379012
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Coleman County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.77625860°
  • Longitude: -99.36783900°