The San Luis Advocate, a weekly newspaper published by Samuel J. Durnett and edited by Tod Robinson and Matthew Hopkins, began publication at San Luis about August 31, 1840. References to the paper appeared in contemporary journals throughout 1840 and most of 1841. Apparently it was suspended late in 1841 and had appeared again by January 5, 1842. By October 1842 the paper was moved to Galveston as the Texas Times, published weekly by D. Davis and edited by Ferdinand Pinckard.
Support Texas History Now
Join TSHA to support quality Texas history programs and receive exclusive benefits.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.
Anonymous, “San Luis Advocate,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed December 05, 2020, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/san-luis-advocate.
Published by the Texas State Historical Association.