Sanchez, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: June 1, 1995


Sanchez was a farming community just off Interstate Highway 35 four miles north of downtown Laredo in southern Webb County. The settlement was named for its location on the Leonardo Sanchez land grant and was a produce-shipping point on the International-Great Northern Railroad from around 1900 through the early 1930s. During the mid-1930s the settlement comprised a store and a number of dwellings. Later the area was gradually absorbed by neighboring Laredo, and by the early 1990s only a few older homes marked the site of the former settlement.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Sanchez, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 25, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/sanchez-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
June 1, 1995

Loading