Sandoval is on Farm Road 1063 thirty-nine miles northeast of Austin in northeastern Williamson County. It was first called Carlville or Streichville for Carl Streich, who settled there in 1882. Many of the community's early residents were of German, Austrian, and French extraction. The name Sandoval was approved for a post office in 1894. The community once had a general store, barber and butcher shops, a cotton gin, a blacksmith shop, a saloon, a bowling alley, a dance hall, a recreational club, a string band, and a rodeo arena. In 1893 community residents organized a Lutheran church, which served as a school until a separate structure was built in 1920. The post office closed in 1904, and the school was consolidated with that of Thrall in 1949. Sandoval had an estimated population of twenty-five from 1933 until 1948, after which it rose to fifty, where it remained through 2000. As of 1986 no businesses were located in the community, but the church remained active.