Marshall Robert Sanguinet, architect, was born on March 18, 1859, in St. Louis, Missouri, the eldest son of Marshall P. and Annie E. (Betts) Sanguinet. His father was a banker and real estate agent. Sanguinet attended St. Louis University and possibly either Chatawa College in Mississippi or Redemptorist College but did not graduate. He worked in the architectural office of his uncle Thomas Walsh in St. Louis for two years before beginning a two-year course in architecture at Washington University in 1881. After completing that study he moved to Deming, New Mexico, where he spent six months in architectural practice before moving to Fort Worth, Texas, in the summer of 1883. Sanguinet formed a number of partnerships, but the longest and most productive was that of Sanguinet and Staats, with Carl G. Staats, which expanded to include Wyatt C. Hedrick from 1922 to 1926. Sanguinet retired in 1926 and sold his interest in the firm to Hedrick. Over the forty-four years that Sanguinet practiced, his firms were responsible for more than 1,800 buildings throughout Texas and the nation. Sanguinet and Staats produced a wide array of building types, but the firm is best remembered for its early multistoried office buildings. Sanguinet was a member of the American Institute of Architects and served for a time as president of the Texas chapter. He was also president of the Texas State Association of Architects from about 1920 to 1922. He was a Democrat and a Catholic and a member of the Elks and Knights of Columbus. He also helped organize the Fort Worth Commercial Club. He married Edna Robinson on February 6, 1886. They had three daughters. Sanguinet died at home on July 25, 1936.