Sansom Park Village, TX


By: David Minor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1976

Updated: June 1, 1995


Sansom Park Village is a residential community on State Highway 199 five miles west of Fort Worth in west central Tarrant County. It developed when the area was subdivided by the Rosen Heights Land Company in the 1920s. During the 1930s the construction of the Jacksboro Highway increased its number of businesses and its population. The construction of military facilities during World War II and the addition of defense contractors after the war increased the population to more than 1,000 by 1950, the year the community incorporated. In the 1960s Sansom Park Village reported 5,000 residents, but by 1990 this number had dropped to 3,928.

Historic Resources Survey: Selected Tarrant County Communities (Fort Worth: Historic Preservation Council for Tarrant County, 1990).
Places:
  • Communities
  • Dallas/Fort Worth Region
  • North Texas

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

David Minor, “Sansom Park Village, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 20, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/sansom-park-village-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1976
June 1, 1995

This entry belongs to the following Handbook Special Projects:


Place
Sansom Park
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
2411813
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: Yes
Belongs to
  • Tarrant County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.80275270°
  • Longitude: -97.40213900°
Population Counts
People Year
3,928 1990
4,181 2000
4,686 2010
5,558 2019