Sarco, TX


By: Craig H. Roell

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: April 1, 1995


Sarco was on Farm Road 2441 eleven miles south of Goliad in southern Goliad County. The first post office existed from 1880 to 1883; the last was established under the name Sarco Creek in 1907 and operated until 1923. At some point the community maintained a school. Although the Texas Almanac listed a population of fifty from 1968 to 1986, the State Department of Highways and the county highway map designated Sarco as a rural cemetery in 1984. The population was reported in 1990 as forty. In 2000 the population was seventy-eight.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Craig H. Roell, “Sarco, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 24, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/sarco-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
April 1, 1995

Place
Sarco
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
2034981
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Goliad County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 28.51166450°
  • Longitude: -97.40221500°