Saxet, TX


By: D. R. Taylor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: July 1, 1995


Saxet was a farming and cattle-raising community that developed around a spur of the Santa Fe line three miles northeast of Timpson in northeastern Shelby County. With the removal of the spur, Saxet declined and eventually was abandoned. Saxet spelled backwards is "Texas."

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

D. R. Taylor, “Saxet, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 27, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/saxet-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
July 1, 1995

Place
Saxet
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1380500
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Shelby County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.96600130°
  • Longitude: -94.29881000°