Schneider, TX


By: Robert Wooster

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: April 1, 1995


Schneider was in western Orange County on a spur of the Texarkana and Fort Smith Railway. The small village located there in 1918 was named for J. J. and H. J. Schneider, owners of the Schneider Brothers brick factory. The installations, later called the Beaumont Brick Works, were removed after the plant closed in 1929. Schneider no longer appears on county highway maps.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Robert Wooster, “Schneider, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/schneider-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
April 1, 1995

Place
Schneider
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Orange County
Associated Names

Vidor