Schraeder, TX

By: Claudia Hazlewood

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: April 1, 1995


Schraeder, in the Ward's Lake or River View area in northeastern Red River County, was named for Albert E. Schraeder, who secured a post office in his general store in 1912. The post office was closed at the end of the year. No population estimates were ever reported for Schraeder, and by 1984 it no longer existed as a named community.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Claudia Hazlewood, “Schraeder, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed December 03, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/schraeder-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
April 1, 1995

Loading