The Science Hall school was established in 1876 by a woman named Willie A. Andrews in Science Hall, Texas, which was between Kyle and Buda in Hays County. Andrews and a Professor Pyle were the first teachers, and later J. L. Andrews was an instructor at the school. About 1884 Willie Andrews moved her school and merged it with the Kyle Seminary. She returned to Science Hall after a few months, however, and established the Science Hall Home Institute, a private boarding school for girls, which operated for several years. Its teachers included Mrs. E. C. Andrews, a woman named Ray Atkins, Nilla Phinney, Mollie Lynch, Laura Hayes, Bell Schmidt, Myrtle Watson, Rev. C. C. Peck, Maj. J. M. Andrews, O. A. Whipple, E. H. Phinney, Holland Bell, Robert Bell, and Robert Cavitt. Andrews eventually sold the school, and it later dissolved. She moved to Austin and operated a boarding school there until her death. The Buda and Kyle school districts absorbed the area the Science Hall school had served.