Scott, TX


By: Diana J. Kleiner

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: July 1, 1995


Scott was a farming community just off Farm Road 47 and ten miles northwest of Canton in west central Van Zandt County. It had a post office from 1897 to 1907, after which mail was delivered from Wills Point. The 1936 county highway map showed the site with the nearby Fairview school and church, a grain elevator, one other business, and scattered dwellings. The population was estimated at fifty from 1933 to 1943 but thereafter dwindled and was no longer recorded. By 1981 only the Fairview Community Center and scattered dwellings remained at the site.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Diana J. Kleiner, “Scott, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed July 07, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/scott-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
July 1, 1995

Place
Scott
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1379040
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Van Zandt County
Associated Names

's Gin

Fairview

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.59457830°
  • Longitude: -96.02219160°