Scrap, Texas


By: Cecil Harper, Jr.

Type: General Entry

Published: April 1, 1995


Scrap was four miles northeast of Kanawha and three miles south of Kiomatia in northwestern Red River County. A post office operated in Scrap from 1903 until 1924. In 1914 the town had a population of twenty-five and two general stores. By the mid-1930s Scrap had ceased to exist as a named community.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Cecil Harper, Jr., “Scrap, Texas,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 20, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/scrap-texas.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

April 1, 1995

Place
Scrap
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Red River County