Sefcikville, TX


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: July 1, 1995


Sefcikville, first called Marekville, was near Seaton and eight miles east of Temple in eastern Bell County. The community, founded in the early 1900s, was settled by Czechs and named for T. T. Sefcik, who operated a store and community center there. In 1939 the community reported twenty residents and one business. Its population had fallen to ten by 1964, and soon thereafter it seems to have been abandoned.

Temple Junior Chamber of Commerce, Bell County History (Fort Worth, 1958).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Sefcikville, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 16, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/sefcikville-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

July 1, 1995

Place
Sefcikville
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Bell County
Associated Names

Marekville

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.05843400°
  • Longitude: -97.20326400°