Setag, TX


By: Robert Wooster

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: April 1, 1995


Setag was on the Waco, Beaumont, Trinity, and Sabine Railway 100 miles north of Houston in north central Polk County. In 1927 Julius Reinhardt leased a 347-acre tract to James T. Gates of Harris County for the purposes of mining and operating a silica plant. Apparently the site was named by reversing the spelling of the Harris County man's last name. In 1932 Reinhardt leased the tract to the Servtex Materials Company of New Braunfels. Although no community center exists, the sand and gravel operations are still marked on highway and geological survey maps.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Robert Wooster, “Setag, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 20, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/setag-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
April 1, 1995

Place
Setag
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Polk County