Shiloh, TX (Denton County)


By: David Minor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: April 1, 1995


Shiloh was twelve miles south of Denton in Denton County and was originally part of the Chinn's Chapel settlement. The settlement consisted of three small communities established in 1853 by Elisha Chinn-Bartonville, Waketon, and Shiloh-though the area had been settled in 1845. Shiloh existed just under 100 years. The site of Shiloh is now part of Flower Mound.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

David Minor, “Shiloh, TX (Denton County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 16, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/shiloh-tx-denton-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
April 1, 1995

Place
Shiloh
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1347045
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Denton County
Associated Names

1

Shiloah

Chinn's Chapel

Donald

Flower Mound

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.04762240°
  • Longitude: -97.13167870°