Shiloh, TX (Freestone County)


By: Chris Cravens

Type: General Entry

Published: April 1, 1995


Shiloh is on Farm Road 489 four miles west of Butler in southwest Freestone County. The community had a church and a school that had eighty-two black students by 1893. In the 1930s the community had a school, a church, and a few scattered dwellings, and in the 1960s a church, a cemetery, and a few dwellings were there. The church still remained in the late 1980s.

Freestone County Historical Commission, History of Freestone County, Texas (Fairfield, Texas, 1978).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Chris Cravens, “Shiloh, TX (Freestone County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 30, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/shiloh-tx-freestone-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

April 1, 1995

Place
Shiloh
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1368170
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Freestone County
Associated Names

2

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.63628300°
  • Longitude: -95.96635210°