Shiloh, TX (Navarro County)


By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: April 1, 1995


Shiloh, on Farm Road 638 seven miles southeast of Dawson in southwestern Navarro County, was probably established before 1900. In the mid-1930s it had two churches, a school, a cemetery, and a number of houses. After World War II many of the residents moved away, but in the mid-1960s a church and cemetery were still in the area. In the early 1990s Shiloh was a dispersed rural community.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Shiloh, TX (Navarro County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed August 07, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/shiloh-tx-navarro-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

April 1, 1995

Place
Shiloh
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1347053
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Navarro County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.87599310°
  • Longitude: -96.65221050°