Sholar, TX


By: Cecil Harper, Jr.

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: April 1, 1995


Sholar was twenty miles northeast of Center in far northeastern Shelby County. It was probably named for the Sholar family, who lived in the area. The community had a post office from 1900 until 1915 and probably served as the post office for the nearby sawmill community of Eagle Mills. In 1914, in addition to the post office, the settlement had a store and a gin. Sholar had ceased to exist as a named community by 1946.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Cecil Harper, Jr., “Sholar, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 25, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/sholar-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
April 1, 1995

Place
Sholar
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Shelby County
Associated Names

Eagle Mills

Spivey