Siloam was on Middle Yegua Creek in southeast Williamson County, one-half mile from the Lee county line. The settlement was founded in 1854 by Marmaduke Gardner and had a church for six white members and one black. The town's Universalist church was rebuilt and moved several times over the years, and a Universalist convention was held there in 1907. Siloam was also the site of a rural school, which in 1903, when it had four teachers and 110 pupils, was the sixth largest white district school in the county. The population of the community declined during the twentieth century, its school merged with Thrall's in 1951, and by 1977 Siloam no longer appeared on county highway maps.