South Texarkana, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: April 1, 1995


South Texarkana is off Farm Road 558 just south of Texarkana in eastern Bowie County. It grew up after 1900 and was incorporated before 1950. The reported population in 1952 was 316; in 1992 the number of residents had grown to 370. The population remained the same in 2000.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “South Texarkana, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/south-texarkana-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

April 1, 1995

Loading