Spring Creek was five miles west of Burnet in western Burnet County. A few settlers arrived in the area in the 1850s, but the threat of Indian raids delayed community development until the late 1860s; once the Indians were driven farther west, settlement proceeded more rapidly. A school was established in the 1870s; by the mid-1890s the Spring Creek district had fifty-two students and one teacher. Church services were held in the school building, and summertime camp meetings took place in brush arbors. The school burned in 1919 and again in 1924; the district was consolidated with the Burnet Independent School District in 1941. Without the school to serve as a community focus, the population gradually dispersed, and the land was given over to ranching. The Spring Creek community was not marked on county highway maps in the 1980s.