Spring Hill, TX (Falls County)

By: Claudia Hazlewood

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: July 1, 1995


Spring Hill, a rural community three miles southeast of Marlin, was named for a spring near a hilly bank of the Brazos River that Indians had used for a campsite and that early immigrants had used for watering stock. The Spring Hill Church was holding services at the site in 1948, and the 1948 county highway map showed the church, a school, and several residences at the community. No evidence of Spring Hill was shown on maps of the area in the 1980s.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Claudia Hazlewood, “Spring Hill, TX (Falls County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed December 04, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/spring-hill-tx-falls-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
July 1, 1995

Loading