Spring Hill, TX (Nacogdoches County)

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: July 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Spring Hill, a farming community on Farm Road 95 sixteen miles east of Nacogdoches in eastern Nacogdoches County, was established after the Civil War. A school was in operation there by 1904, when it had an enrollment of seventy-two. During the 1930s Spring Hill included a school, a church, and several stores. The school was closed around the time of World War II, and in the early 1990s only the church and a few scattered houses remained.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Spring Hill, TX (Nacogdoches County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/spring-hill-tx-nacogdoches-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

July 1, 1995

Loading