St. Charles Bay


By: Art Leatherwood

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: June 1, 1995


St. Charles Bay is a long narrow bay opening off Aransas Bay between Blackjack and Lamar peninsulas (at 28°12' N, 96°56' W). The bay is entirely in Aransas County and is, for the greater part, within the Aransas National Wildlife Refuge. St. Charles Bay may have been called Laguna del Bergantine by the Spaniards. Burgantine Dam and Lake are at the head of the bay.

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Art Leatherwood, “St. Charles Bay,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed August 11, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/st-charles-bay.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
June 1, 1995