St. Paul, TX (Falls County)


By: Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: July 1, 1995


St. Paul, six miles north of Marlin in Falls County, was named for the St. Paul Evangelical Reformed Church, which was established about 1900 by local farmers and ranchers of Czech and German descent. The school at St. Paul had one teacher and fifty-seven students in 1905; it was consolidated with the Marlin Independent School District in 1948. Several homes were in the St. Paul vicinity in the late 1940s, but only a church and cemetery marked the community on county highway maps in the 1980s.

Categories:
  • Peoples
  • Czechs
  • Germans
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, “St. Paul, TX (Falls County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed July 07, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/st-paul-tx-falls-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
July 1, 1995

Place
St. Paul
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Falls County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.38017380°
  • Longitude: -96.89387840°