Staff, TX

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: February 23, 2018


Staff, on Lake Leon just off Farm Road 2214 in east central Eastland County, developed with the construction of the Round Mountain Baptist Church in 1896. In 1897 Ferdinando S. Taylor became the first postmaster; the post office was discontinued in 1908. In 1940 the settlement had two stores and sixty residents. The population was sixty-five in 1980 and 2015.

Homer Stephen, The Frontier Postmasters (Dublin, Texas: Dublin Progress, 1952).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Anonymous, “Staff, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed December 04, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/staff-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
February 23, 2018

Loading