Sublett was just south of the intersection of Farm Road 157 and U.S. Interstate 20 in southeast Tarrant County. The community was established during the late 1850s and named for W. S. Sublett, an early settler. A post office operated there from 1892 until 1901. A local school registered forty-one students and employed one teacher during the 1896–97 term. Ten years later two schools had sixty-nine pupils. In the late 1940s the community comprised twenty-five residents, one business, and a church. By 1950, however, Sublett was gone.