Sullivan's Bluff, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: July 1, 1995


Sullivan's Bluff was a post office community on the Neches River near the site of what is now Weches, some twenty-seven miles northeast of Crockett in northeastern Houston County. It was probably established after the Civil War. A post office operated there from 1872 to 1875, and in the mid-1870s the small community had a store and a number of houses. By the mid-1930s it was no longer shown on highway maps. No trace of the settlement remained in 1990.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Sullivan's Bluff, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 25, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/sullivans-bluff-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

July 1, 1995

Loading