Sulphur Springs, TX (San Saba County)


By: Karen Yancy

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: April 1, 1995


Sulphur Springs is on the Colorado River three miles east of Bend in southeastern San Saba County. The town was promoted by Dr. R. B. Pumphrey and N. S. Rector in 1885 as a health resort. By 1949 it had become ranch property. Eventually it became a fishing camp, which was still in operation in 1986.

San Saba County History (San Saba, Texas: San Saba County Historical Commission, 1983).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Karen Yancy, “Sulphur Springs, TX (San Saba County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 29, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/sulphur-springs-tx-san-saba-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
April 1, 1995

Place
Sulphur Springs
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • San Saba County
Associated Names

-Spring

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.08670980°
  • Longitude: -98.45788090°