Sulphur Springs, TX (Trinity County)

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: July 1, 1995


Sulphur Springs, a farming community off U. S. Highway 287 ten miles east of Groveton in eastern Trinity County, developed around a school established before 1900. During the 1930s the community had a school, a church, and a number of houses. The school was later closed, but in the early 1990s a church and a few scattered houses remained in the area.

Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Sulphur Springs, TX (Trinity County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 25, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/sulphur-springs-tx-trinity-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

July 1, 1995

Loading