Swannville, TX


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: June 1, 1995


Swannville was thirteen miles southeast of San Augustine in southeastern San Augustine County. The community was granted a post office in 1886, and by 1890 Swannville comprised a Baptist church and a grist mill and gin. In 1914, the year the post office closed, the community had an estimated population of 100. Swannville was not shown on county highway maps by the 1930s.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Swannville, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 17, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/swannville-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

June 1, 1995

Place
Swannville
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • San Augustine County