T Bar Ranch

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: August 1, 1995


John and Margaret Fleming moved to San Saba County in 1856, when John purchased 640 acres of ranchland. Eventually the Flemings held as much as 6,000 acres. In 1874 the T Bar brand was registered by Margaret Fleming, and in 1890 the Flemings sold the ranch and the brand to fellow rancher Tom A. Sloan. The Sloan family in 1948 still ran about 400 head of T Bar cattle on the ranch in San Saba County.

Gus L. Ford, ed., Texas Cattle Brands (Dallas: Cockrell, 1936). San Saba County History (San Saba, Texas: San Saba County Historical Commission, 1983).

Categories:

  • Ranching and Cowboys
  • Ranches Established After 1835

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Anonymous, “T Bar Ranch,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed January 28, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/t-bar-ranch.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
August 1, 1995

Loading