Teck, twenty-three miles from Austin in western Travis County, was named for Leonard T. Eck, who became postmaster when a post office was established there in 1900. A school opened at the community in 1890, and Teck became the focus of a common school district. The Teck post office operated until 1919, and again from 1925 to 1929, when it was discontinued and mail for the community was routed through Cedar Valley. Ten residents were reported at Teck in 1914; no later estimates were available. No evidence of the community was shown on county highway maps in the 1940s.