A third Texas Magazine, published in Houston in October 1909 with Frank Eberle as editor and Charles A. Newning as publisher, was a business and land development publication. Harry Van Demark succeeded Eberle as editor in May 1911. Although fiction, serials, poems, and articles of general interest were used, editorial interest was in the opening of undeveloped regions of Texas to farming. Articles on good roads, biographies of prominent Texas businessmen, and feature stories of growing towns made up the main content; advertisements were by Texas banks and real estate developers. Numerous photographs of cities, towns, public buildings, and homes, printed on hard, slick paper, depict in detail the Texas of the early 1900s. Poetry by John P. Sjolander and Judd Mortimer Lewis, as well as the writings of Katie L. Daffan continued to appear. Less and less advertising appeared in the magazine; the last issue was in August 1913.