The Texas Weekly, running through seventeen volumes, was edited by Peter Molyneaux and published in Dallas from March 19, 1930, to June 28, 1941. The title varied; from March 1930 to October 1940 it was called the Texas Weekly, and from November 1940 to June 1941 it was the Texas Digest. On October 4, 1930, the magazine absorbed the Texas Monthly (see BUNKER'S MONTHLY) and assumed its volume numbering. In 1941 it was united with the Southwestern Banker to become the Southwestern Banker and Industry. According to an editorial in the first issue, the periodical was designed to be "a weekly interpreter of the current of Texas life."