Texroy, TX

By: H. Allen Anderson

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: July 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Texroy, a small oilfield community five miles southeast of Borger in southern Hutchinson County, was established in the late 1920s during the height of the local oil boom and was named for S. D. (Tex) McIlroy, founder of the Dixon Creek Oil and Refinery Company. The Texroy community reportedly had a population of fifty in 1948 and was on a mail route from White Deer. It was eventually absorbed by Borger.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

H. Allen Anderson, “Texroy, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 20, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/texroy-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
July 1, 1995

Loading