Three Oaks, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: July 1, 1995


Three Oaks, on Farm Road 1344 eleven miles south of Floresville in southern Wilson County, was settled around 1900. In the mid-1930s the community had a school, a church, and a number of houses. After World War II many of its residents left, but in the early 1990s a church and a few scattered dwellings still remained. In 2000 the population was 150.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Three Oaks, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/three-oaks-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

July 1, 1995

Loading