Tinnins, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: May 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Tinnins was on a bend in the Red River and just off Farm Road 197, sixteen miles northeast of Paris in north central Lamar County. The settlement was named for Lawrence W. Tinnin, who settled in the area around 1835 near a low-water crossing on the river. At one time the site had a school, a gin, and a number of houses, but by the 1930s Tinnins no longer appeared on highway maps.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Tinnins, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/tinnins-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
May 1, 1995

Loading