Toto, TX


By: David Minor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: July 1, 1995


Toto was a small farming community on the Toto Road, now Farm Road 2421, fourteen miles north of Weatherford in north central Parker County. The settlement was originally called the Ray School Community after the one-teacher school established there in 1885 and was renamed Toto in 1912, when the school's staff increased to two teachers. A post office was established there in 1894 and discontinued in 1904, and a cotton gin was built in 1903 and abandoned by 1917. The last store in Toto closed in 1930, and the closing of the school in 1943 marked the end of the community.

Parker County Historical Commission, History of Parker County (Dallas: Taylor, 1980).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

David Minor, “Toto, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/toto-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
July 1, 1995

Place
Toto
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Parker County
Associated Names

Ray School

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.90951700°
  • Longitude: -97.79831000°