Tredway, TX


By: Charles G. Davis

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: July 1, 1995


Tredway was a farming community established in northwestern Borden County in the vicinity of present Mesquite on a southern arm of the Caprock escarpment in the early 1900s. A post office existed there from 1906 to 1911; Albert M. Tredway was the initial postmaster. Two stores were operating in 1940, when the community reported a population of ten. County highway maps from the 1980s, however, show no evidence of Tredway.

Ed Ellsworth Bartholomew, The Encyclopedia of Texas Ghost Towns (Fort Davis, Texas, 1982).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Charles G. Davis, “Tredway, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 30, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/tredway-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
July 1, 1995

Place
Tredway
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Borden County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.85726700°
  • Longitude: -101.59525300°