Trinity City, TX (Navarro County)

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: May 1, 1995


Trinity City, a short-lived settlement on the Trinity River several miles south of Taos in northeastern Navarro County, was established in the late 1840s. A town plan of 110 blocks was drawn up and registered in county records in 1848. Several lots were sold, one of them to Stephen M. Riggs, who intended to build a mill on the site. A few structures were apparently built, but the community failed to develop, and by the early 1850s it was abandoned.

Annie Carpenter Love, History of Navarro County (Dallas: Southwestern, 1933).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Trinity City, TX (Navarro County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/trinity-city-tx-navarro-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

May 1, 1995

Loading