The Trinity Valley Baptist College Association, also known as Jermany College, was a black coeducational institution at Kountze. It opened on Thanksgiving Day, 1910. Like many institutions of its time it was named "college" but did not offer courses beyond the primary and secondary levels. Classes were held in a one-story wooden building on eighty acres of land donated by Shep Barlow and his two brothers. The initial enrollment is believed to have been twelve to fifteen. W. H. Jermany served as president of the school and taught classes with four other teachers. The primary curriculum consisted of reading, writing, mathematics, agriculture, and home economics. The college moved to a large, 2½-story building in 1915. Subsequent enrollment is believed to have grown to as many as twenty-five. The college closed in 1928 due to a lack of funds and declining enrollment. The building was later demolished for its pine lumber and large doors, which were installed in the parsonage of the Starlight Baptist Church in Beaumont.