The Trinity Valley Railway Company was chartered on June 12, 1899, to connect Dodge in Walker County with Beaumont in Jefferson County, for a distance of ninety miles. The capital stock was $100,000. The principal place of business was Oakhurst. The members of the first board of directors were J. T. Carey, C. W. Carey, D. J. Young, J. T. Pinkley, and J. G. Neffer, all of Dodge, and E. J. Dupree and Robert Bish, both of Crockett. In August 1899 the company leased seven miles of track between Dodge and Oakhurst, which had been constructed that summer by the Columbia Lumber Company. The Trinity Valley operated the line until December 1901, when it surrendered possession to the Trinity Valley Southern Railroad. The Trinity Valley charter was forfeited the following year.